[Interest] Problems with large QImage

252794364 at qq.com
Fri Aug 5 11:05:21 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

I need to create a large bmp or prt file using QPainterPath(moveTo、lineTo...).The image size maybe 60000*30000 pixel,and I know that QImage supports a maximum of 32768x32768 px images (signed short), so I must separate to draw the path.My development environment is Win7-64bit, 4G RAM, Qt 4.8.4.

Now,I have some points for drawing path.And I want to draw one part,then write the buffer to file.

for example:I draw an image that size is 10000*10000.I want to draw it twice,one time is 5000*10000.
The path has 100 points, the upper part maybe 30 points,the lower part maybe 70 points.If drawing it twice,the path maybe not incomplete or orderless.Especially I draw the lower part,even if setting an offset is not effective.

How to separate to draw it?Can I get a perfect path finally?
If Qt can not solve this problem,can I solve it with algorithm of scanline filling or Third-Party library like CImg?

Thanks in advance.

Liu cm