[Interest] item edit on mouse over - was: dynamic widget creation in QScrollArea

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Tue Aug 9 07:50:06 CEST 2016

And one more follow up:
I just tried this in my view class:
     def mouseMoveEvent(self, event):
         '''Find item under mouse and pop it into edit mode'''
         index = self.indexAt(event.pos())
         self.edit(index)

This successfully pops the first item under the mouse into edit mode,
but as I keep moving the cursor around I just get:
     edit: editing failed

This one stumped me yesterday as well when I tried to use the Delegate's
paint method to trigger it's editor on mouse over.

Does anybody have any ideas how to start editing on mouse over with
delegates and list views?

Cheers,
frank