[Interest] QNetworkAccessManager networkAccessible - Android vs iOS

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Tue Aug 9 16:18:52 CEST 2016

Am 09.08.16 um 15:43 schrieb Jason H:
> This is a well known bug that has bounced around varuous statuses in
> various other issue numbers and is still not fixed it seems.
>
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-49751
Thanks mentioning this. Added my workaround (always instantiate
QNetworkAccessManager) there and hope it'll get fixed.

Just developing the QtCon Conference APP where I only have two requests
(schedule and speakers) - so it's ok.
But other apps are full of requests and I really don't want to live with
the workaround ;-)

ekke

> *Sent:* Tuesday, August 09, 2016 at 5:32 AM
> *From:* ekke <ekke at ekkes-corner.org>
> *To:* "interest at qt-project.org" <interest at qt-project.org>
> *Subject:* [Interest] QNetworkAccessManager networkAccessible -
> Android vs iOS
>
> Hi,
>
> just noticed a difference between Android and iOS
>
> Before doing a request I'm checking the Network
>
> if(mNetworkAccessManager->networkAccessible()!=QNetworkAccessManager::Accessible){
>

> on Android all works well.
>
> Switching off wifi and mobile data --> Not Accessible
>
> Switching on again --> Accessible
>
> on iOS it's different:
>
> Switching off wifi and mobile data --> Not Accessible
>
> Switching on again --> state not changed back to accessible
>
> --
>
> QNetworkAccessManager is initialized at first use and then re-used.
> If I always create  a new QNetworkAccessManager before executing the
> request, all is detected well also on iOS
>
> Can I 'reset' the accessibility or should I always create a new
> QNetworkAccessManager and report a bugreport ?
>
> thx
>
> ekke _______________________________________________ Interest mailing
> list Interest at qt-project.org

ekke (ekkehard gentz)

independent software architect
international development native mobile business apps
BlackBerry 10 | Qt Mobile (Android, iOS)
workshops - trainings - bootcamps

*BlackBerry Elite Developer
BlackBerry Platinum Enterprise Partner*

max-josefs-platz 30, D-83022 rosenheim, germany
mailto:ekke at ekkes-corner.org
blog: http://ekkes-corner.org
apps and more: http://appbus.org

twitter: @ekkescorner
skype: ekkes-corner
LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/ekkehard/
Steuer-Nr: 156/220/30931 FA Rosenheim, UST-ID: DE189929490