[Interest] shader compilation failed & shader program is not linked

Ben Lau xbenlau at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 05:26:18 CEST 2016

Hi,

I have a QML library that use Travis as build server. It works well until
yesterday. All test cases involving GUI complains "shader compilation
failed" and "shader program is not linked". Then the test program crash
finally.

QWARN  : QuickAndroidTests::runExample() QOpenGLShader::compile(Vertex):
failed
QWARN  : QuickAndroidTests::runExample() QOpenGLShader::compile(Fragment):
failed
QWARN  : QuickAndroidTests::runExample() shader compilation failed:
""
QWARN  : QuickAndroidTests::runExample() QOpenGLShaderProgram::uniformLocation(
matrix ): shader program is not linked
QWARN  : QuickAndroidTests::runExample() QOpenGLShaderProgram::uniformLocation(
opacity ): shader program is not linked
QWARN  : QuickAndroidTests::runExample() QOpenGLShader::compile(Vertex):
failed
QWARN  : QuickAndroidTests::runExample() QOpenGLShader::compile(Fragment):
failed
QWARN  : QuickAndroidTests::runExample() shader compilation failed:

Full Log:
https://travis-ci.org/benlau/quickandroid/builds/151202298

Since I didn't modify the logic / configuration environment. I think there
has something changed in travis build server. I have checked xvfb and mesa
are installed. Then I have tried to change the options of xvfb to enable
OpenGL but the result is same.

I have no idea what may cause this problem. Any advise for finding out the
problem?

Log with glxinfo
https://travis-ci.org/benlau/quickandroid/builds/151401382

Thx.