[Interest] [QtSerialBus] CAN & J1939

André Hartmann andre.hartmann at iseg-hv.de
Mon Aug 15 08:05:49 CEST 2016

Hi Chris,

 > Is there any plan to add support for J1939 in QtSerialBus?

So far, no. As J1939 is a "higher-level" protocol, like CANopen, it
could be added as separate class if there is enough interest and people
help testing the development (I'm currently not working with either
protocol).

I did my diploma thesis 10 years ago with Vector CANoe
rest-bus-simlating a J1939 system. I did not had a specific J1939
extension available, I just directly coded the PGN into the 29 bit CAN
ID (I think they were stored in a CAN database).

Best regards,
Andre

Am 08.08.2016 um 06:51 schrieb Ch'Gans:
> Hi there,
>
> Is there any plan to add support for J1939 in QtSerialBus?
> Has anyone out there worked on this, have some information to share,
> maybe code, experience feedback, ...?
>
> Regards,
> Chris

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
André Hartmann, Dipl.-Ing. (FH)
Software Project Manager

iseg Spezialelektronik GmbH         |  phone: ++49 (0)351 26996-43
Bautzner Landstr. 23                |  fax:   ++49 (0)351 26996-21
D-01454 Radeberg / Rossendorf       |  web:   www.iseg-hv.com

Geschäftsführer / Managing director: Dr. F. Gleisberg, Dr. J. Pöthig
Amtsgericht / Lower district court: Dresden HRB 16250
Ust.-Id.-Nr. / VAT-ID: DE812508942

Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder
diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte
sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser
Mail ist nicht gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail
in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.