[Interest] QListView: drag&drop custom item

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Tue Aug 16 09:26:34 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am trying to get drag&drop to work between two QListViews using a
custom item.
I can't find the info I need online other than this document
<https://doc.qt.io/archives/4.6/model-view-dnd.html> which helped a
little bit but now I'm stuck.

Drag&drop from one QListView to another works fine when I use a
QStandardItem to hold my data, but when I use a custom item I run into
trouble, because the receiving model/view creates a QStandardItem when
the incoming custom items are dropped.

Ideally I could tell the receiving model to use my custom item as the
default item and otherwise just do it's thing, but I suppose it won't be
that easy?!
I have played around with the receiving model's dropMimeData() and
insertRows() methods but can't work out how to read the incoming data to
then insert a custom item into the receiving model manually.
In QAbstractItemModel.dropMimeData() I tried reading
mimeData.data('application/x-qabstractitemmodeldatalist'), but that
returns a byte stream that I don't know how to handle.

Do I have to re-implement the sender's drag data as well to send the
custom item in the first place?

It seems that everything works out of the box except the creation of the
QStandardItem upon drop, rather than my custom item, so I am hoping I
don't have to re-invent the (drag&drop) wheel just to get that one part
right?!

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
frank

--
ohufxLogo 50x50 <http://www.ohufx.com> 	*vfx compositing