[Interest] Thoughts on a 'proper' (or standard) file/io API for QML?

Alejandro Exojo suy at badopi.org
Tue Aug 16 20:05:33 CEST 2016

On Monday 15 August 2016 23:07:01 Jason H wrote:
> https://nodejs.org/api/fs.html#fs_fs_readdir_path_options_callback (async)
> https://nodejs.org/api/fs.html#fs_fs_readdirsync_path_options (saync)

I meant of readdir in the UNIX API. That API calls the callback only once with
all the results (as I understand the docs, and according to a quick test I
just did). I'm not that comfortable with the low level POSIX/Windows APIs, but
last time I checked I could not find a way.

But I'll be glad to be proven wrong. :-)

> Anyway, the important thing is not the performance, it's the fact that you
> can read and write files with a standard API.

I agree with this. Hence my reply to Vlad.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2