[Interest] Qt Android / InputMethod / Instrumentation Fake Keyboard Input

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Wed Aug 17 11:53:42 CEST 2016

Hi,

One of my apps is an audio app. As many know, Android has audio problems. One of the hacks used to avoid glitching and crackling in the sound is to fake user input to avoid CPU frequency downscaling.

This hack raises another problem. When I tap on a TextInput the Android keyboard pops in. When I finish my writing I press the enter key and its gets down but the fake input is making it pop again.

I already have installed a eventFilter to make my qt app ignore the fake input but the keyboard insistis in popping up even when the TextInput hasn’t the focus anymore.

I can’t seem to find a consistent workaround for this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Nuno