[Interest] Qt Data Visualization - Scatter3D gradient from independent value

Ola Røer Thorsen ola at silentwings.no
Mon Aug 29 16:53:51 CEST 2016

I'm plotting 3d point cloud data in QML using the Scatter3D item. I'd like
to set the color of each point individually from a gradient, but not
related to each point's position.

The use case is plotting temperatures in 3d-space. Each point represents a
temperature measurement at some 3d coordinate.

Is this possible using Qt 5.7 and the Scatter3D item? It looks like I need
to use the Theme3D.ColorStyleObjectGradient color style, but I cannot
figure out how to actually set the gradient position/value for each point.

Thanks,
Ola