[Interest] Is Qt/QML suitable for me?

Giuseppe D'Angelo dangelog at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 22:01:22 CEST 2016

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 9:11 PM, Артур Истомин <art.istom at yandex.ru> wrote:
> I don't know C++ but know some JS. So is it possible to write my
> application, POS, entirely on JavaScript? Almost all application logic are
> sql transactions with local sqlite database.

You'll still want your backend logic to be in C++ for many, many, many reasons:

* Testability
* Strictier programming language
* Modularity
* UI independence
* Performance guarantees

And so on. There's no escape from this, and this is actually a very
good thing enforced by the C++/QML language barrier, that enforces the
separation between the UI and the backend. So I'd start learning C++
if you want to go the Qt route :)

My 2 c,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo