[Interest] script invoked with QProcess cannot open files, with spaces in path

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Wed Aug 31 01:38:34 CEST 2016

I am invoking a python script with QProcess. I have found that if the
script tries to open a file that has spaces in the path, no error is
thrown, but the file always appears to have 0 length. The same script
with the same file with spaces in the path invoked from the command
line works fine. Note that this has nothing to do with argument
passing from the C++ code to the script via QProcess - the file path
name is hardcoded in the script. If the file has no spaces in its path
it is opened fine. I have tied escaping the spaces with \ but no joy.
Anyone know why this would be happening and know a way around this?
<<

QProcess() as I recall, parses the string and assumes space to mark the end of a command and start of the parameter list. Ran into this on Linux as well. You need an extra set of quotes (or some other kind of delimiter) in the command to stop QProcess() from "helping you out."

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions

http://www.theminimumyouneedtoknow.com