[Interest] Using QtQuick Controls 2 on android

Wolfgang Baron Wolfgang.Baron at gmx.net
Wed Aug 31 18:43:46 CEST 2016

Your comment about the shader errors made me think. I grabbed a physical
android device and voila, it worked. Apparently, the AVDs provided by
the AVD manager are just not good enough for running QtQuick (yes, even
QuickControls1 etc. don't work, just a white or a black screen). Maybe I
clicked on the wrong device or the wrong options?

Is there no way to create a QtQuick enabled AVD?

What's the point in having AVDs at all, if all I can do with it is run
Widget apps (not very usual on mobile devices) or system services?

Thanks Mitch for your helpful comment!