[Interest] Calendar Systems in Qt

Soroush Rabiei soroush.rabiei at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 08:52:43 CET 2016

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 10:40 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com
> wrote:

> On sábado, 10 de dezembro de 2016 14:15:20 PST Soroush Rabiei wrote:
> > We do believe that it’s already too late. As far as I know it’s been 5
> years
> > since the initial discussions started. There were two plans, neither got
> > implemented. There were https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_5_ICU and QCalendarSystem
> [?]
> > suppose this plan is abandoned. Not that calendar system is implemented
> in
> > Locale System here: http://wiki.qt.io/Qt-5-QLocale
> >
> > Currently we are using our wrapper API and widgets. QJalaliDate,
> > QJalaliDateTime, QJalaliDateEdit, QJalaliDateTimeEdit are completed and
> > QJalaliCalendarWidget is being developed. None of course are not
> satisfying.
> >
> > So, I would like to know what current status is. And is there any
> schedule,
> > plan, or discussion on the subject?
>
> There has been no work done because the developer who wanted to implement
> this
> got busy and moved on to other things.
>
> A contribution to other calendaring systems would be appreciated.
>
> --

Alright then, I'll prepare a proposal on plan D and implement it. I suppose
5.8
is already FF, so we go 5.9 then right?

Adding a calendar system based on locale, will break many things. I believe
that
the calendar system is not a matter of locale nor culture. We need to
discuss
the details. So I'm going to post my proposal in dev list.

Please let me know about any missing point.

Cheers,
soroush