[Interest] Calendar Systems in Qt

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Dec 11 19:43:12 CET 2016

On domingo, 11 de dezembro de 2016 11:22:43 PST Soroush Rabiei wrote:
> Alright then, I'll prepare a proposal on plan D and implement it. I suppose
> 5.8
> is already FF, so we go 5.9 then right?

Right, you have until early January if you want to get this in 5.9. Otherwise,
it will be in for the next release (5.10).

> Adding a calendar system based on locale, will break many things. I believe
> that
> the calendar system is not a matter of locale nor culture. We need to
> discuss
> the details. So I'm going to post my proposal in dev list.

Breaking will not be allowed.

We need the functionality without breaking anything. I'm expecting this to add
a new couple of classes that are locale-based calendaring and convert to and
from QDate. Whether you implement changes to QCalendarWidget and/or Qt Quick
Cotrols is up to you.