[Interest] Qt3D - QEntity & enabling/disabling children

Andy asmaloney at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 19:11:50 CET 2016

I'm trying to figure out the right QEntity/QNode structure to use for
showing/hiding/manipulating more complex objects.

I am grouping several "drawable" entities (ones with meshes and materials)
under a parent entity. When I disable the parent entity, however, the
children are not disabled. But my "drawables" each have children that *are*
disabled whenever they are disabled.

1) How is it determining whether the children should be hidden?
2) How do I group entities for showing/hiding of an entire object then?  Do
I need to implement my own GroupEntity to handle this by iterating over all
its children?
3) Is there a mechanism for this I'm missing?

Thank you!

---
Andy Maloney  //  https://asmaloney.com
twitter ~ @asmaloney <https://twitter.com/asmaloney>