[Interest] boot2qt for production

Ch'Gans chgans at gna.org
Tue Dec 13 00:00:47 CET 2016

On 13 December 2016 at 04:20, Ian Geiser <geiseri at geekcentral.pub> wrote:
> Greetings, is there documentation on how to extend boot2qt for a production appliance?  I see lots of good docs on Yocto and Qt for development, but nothing really on the hard stuff like factory image deployment, updating and injecting custom binaries.  Is this something that it is an exercise to the reader?   Or did I miss something.  Thanks!

AFAIK, all these steps are handled by yocto, so you need to add an
overlay with all your custom stuff (new packages, rootfs tweaking,
...). and then bitbake the "factory image" (which will take forever
the first time when starting from scratch).
I don't know how much of "post-processing" is done by other boot2qt
tools, hopefully none.

Chris