[Interest] Doing a leanest-possible QtWebEngine build

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 20:02:35 CET 2016

Hi,

In my experience qmake applies the compiler flags that were selected when QtBase was built. In my case that means they include "-O3 -g". That's fine for most projects, but not QtWebEngine, where they stress the build host to the limit, and can even lead to memory exhaustion during the final link step (on a Linux system with 8G RAM!)

Is there an official way to invoke qmake in such a way as to get rid of all the -O3 and -g copies, and convert all -O2 options into -Os?

Thanks,
R.