[Interest] Doing a leanest-possible QtWebEngine build

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Dec 29 04:24:53 CET 2016

Em quarta-feira, 28 de dezembro de 2016, às 20:02:35 BRST, René J.V. Bertin
escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> In my experience qmake applies the compiler flags that were selected when
> QtBase was built. In my case that means they include "-O3 -g". That's fine
> for most projects, but not QtWebEngine, where they stress the build host to
> the limit, and can even lead to memory exhaustion during the final link
> step (on a Linux system with 8G RAM!)

What does this have to do with Qt Assistant 5.6.2 text rendering glitch?

> Is there an official way to invoke qmake in such a way as to get rid of all
> the -O3 and -g copies, and convert all -O2 options into -Os?

No. There's no official way.

There are lots of unofficial ways, like:

	qmake QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE=-O2

This will override any other options which may be in QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE.
The default Linux mkspec doesn't have anything, but on Windows it does. On a
Mac, who knows what sdk.prf does...