[Interest] Doing a leanest-possible QtWebEngine build

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Dec 30 13:00:48 CET 2016

Em sexta-feira, 30 de dezembro de 2016, às 09:49:11 BRST, Thiago Macieira
escreveu:
> > > And yet that's the only accepted, official way for qmake.
> >
> > So how does this work for regular users on a system where they can't
> > modify
> > the mkspecs files?
>
> They don't change compiler flags. That's not supported.
>
> I know everyone messes with QMAKE_CXXFLAGS. But it's  still not supported.
> It just happens to work in most cases. Not so for you. And especially not
> so when you're changing a Qt module.

Never mind, the variable *is* documented.

http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qmake-variable-reference.html#qmake-cxxflags

The problem, I guess, is twofold:

1) the resetting done in qmodule.pri. That's fixed. Just upgrade.

2) the fact that you're trying to do it for a Qt module and, worse, one that
tries to pass flags on to a foreign build system.

As you said yourself, something is resetting the flags despite your attempts.
For a Qt module, you're not supposed to do what you're doing. To simplify
everything: don't set CXXFLAGS in your environment when compiling qtbase.