[Interest] Qt Quick for Android VRAM usage

Pendleton, Corey Corey.Pendleton at garmin.com
Thu Feb 11 18:39:09 CET 2016

Hello all,

We have a Qt Quick application on Android that we are trying to profile. In particular we are interested in the VRAM usage of the application.

Utilizing Android's "dumpsys gfxinfo" command outputs a steady amount of used memory regardless of additional objects rendered on screen. This number also seems low to us. I realized this may be due to the concept that Qt is essentially rendering into a single OpenGL Surface on Android. Does this understanding make sense? If this is true, then is there some way to determine what calls Qt may be making to alloc memory on the GPU?

Thanks!
Corey Pendleton

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.