[Interest] Make friends the QtMultimedia and Tegra Jetson TK1

Denis Shienkov denis.shienkov at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 10:48:46 CET 2016

Hi, folks,

I have looked this blog [1] in which it is told about surprises of Tegra
Jetson TK1.

But, seems, I have a new surprise, when the QMediaPlayer shows four
identical videos on the HDMI display, instead of one video.

This happens as in QML (MediaPlayer/Video items), and as in C++
(QMediaPlayer), using the LinuxFB/EGLFS backends (I have only two these
backends) [2].

I have use gstreamer1.0.

I have use a full-screen mode (as for QML, and as for C++), like:

{code}
widget.showFullScreen();
{code}

I have cross-compiled Qt5 (as 5.5.1, and as 5.6.0) with this configuration:

{code}
#!/bin/sh

/home/builder/Projects/qt5/./configure \
-v \
-release \
-opensource \
-confirm-license \
-make libs \
-prefix /opt/qt-5.6.0 \
-device tegra-tk1 \
-device-option CROSS_COMPILE=/usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf- \
-sysroot /home/builder/Projects/tegra/rootfs \
-optimized-qmake \
-gstreamer 1.0 \
-nomake examples \
-nomake tests \
-no-compile-examples \
-no-gtkstyle \
-no-qml-debug \
-no-nis \
-no-tslib \
-no-harfbuzz \
-no-openssl \
-no-libproxy \
-no-pulseaudio \
-cups \
-no-icu \
-no-fontconfig \
-no-sql-db2 \
-plugin-sql-mysql \
-no-sql-oci \
-no-sql-odbc \
-no-sql-psql \
-plugin-sql-sqlite \
-no-sql-sqlite2 \
-no-sql-ibase \
-no-sql-tds \
-no-directfb \
-no-kms \
-no-xcb \
-no-xcb-xlib \
-no-glib \
-qt-freetype \
-system-zlib \
-system-libjpeg \
-system-libpng \
-opengl es2 \
-skip qt3d \
-skip qtactiveqt \
-skip qtandroidextras \
-skip qtcanvas3d \
-skip qtconnectivity \
-skip qtdoc \
-skip qtdocgallery \
-skip qtenginio \
-skip qtfeedback \
-skip qtimageformats \
-skip qtlocation \
-skip qtmacextras \
-skip qtpim \
-skip qtqa \
-skip qtquick1 \
-skip qtquickcontrols \
-skip qtrepotools \
-skip qtsensors \
-skip qtserialport \
-skip qtsystems \
-skip qttools \
-skip qttranslations \
-skip qtwayland \
-skip qtwebchannel \
-skip qtwebengine \
-skip qtwebkit \
-skip qtwebkit-examples \
-skip qtwebsockets \
-skip qtwinextras \
{code}

The native "gst-launch" utility works fine (as expected) when I want to
playback of a my *.mp4 video:

{code}
$ gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=<filename.mp4> ! qtdemux name=demux !
h264parse ! omxh264dec ! nvhdmioverlaysink –e
{code}

So, I need help to make friendly the QMediaPlayer & Tegra Jetson board.

is there are any things about? why whis happens?

maybe you can point me to the direction where I need to look in sources of
QtMultimedia's gstreamer backend?

BR,
Denis

---------