[Interest] Minimum work needed to update bundle for Apple App Store?

Alejandro Exojo suy at badopi.org
Fri Feb 19 18:33:38 CET 2016

El Thursday 18 February 2016, Jason H escribió:
> Recently, Apple started requiring a 167x167px icon for iPad Pro.
> I added the entry to the Info.plist,  but was unsure of what to do.
> Will the icon be included in the bundle just from from the plist change?
> Will I have to rebuild the app?
> Will it only update when the .xcodeproj is rebuilt, and if so, how do I
> regenerate that?
>
> It took me a few tries to get it included, that's why I'm asking.

I haven't deployed to the app store, nor I attempted to use the iOS support
(or generate a xcodeproj through qmake), but in general, if you want stuff put
into the app bundle, you just need to tell it so to qmake. Just use something
like this:

myicon.path = Contents/Resources
myicon.files = assets/myicon.icns
QMAKE_BUNDLE_DATA += myicon

The xcodeproj is generated from the qmake project file (at least, it can be
done this way, so I assume is what you are doing).

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2