[Interest] Deploying Applications on OS X

Timothy W. Grove tim_grove at sil.org
Sun Feb 28 18:30:10 CET 2016

  Fromhttp://doc.qt.io/qt-5/osx.html:

     /*Deploying Applications on OS X*/
     /In general, Qt supports building on one OS X version and deploying
     to earlier or later OS X versions. You can build on 10.7 Lion and
     run the same binary on 10.6. The recommended way is to build on the
     latest version and deploy to an earlier OS X version.

     /

Is this really true??? My experience is that I need to build on the
earliest version I wish to support (10.6.8). My current workflow is to
build the app on the earliest version and then construct the dmg and
code sign on the latest! I'm developing with PyQt4/Qt5 and building with
cx_Freeze, so that may lead to this different workflow...

Best regards,
Tim