[Interest] Qt5.6 not recognised by Visual Studio 2015

Tom Isaacson Tom.Isaacson at navico.com
Tue Jan 5 10:46:39 CET 2016

The same problem existed before and after VS2015 Update 1. Also, the extention recognises Qt 5.5.1 with no problem so I was pretty sure it was a change in Qt 5.6.0 that caused this problem. I searched around and eventually found that in C:\Qt\Qt5.6.0\5.6\msvc2015\mkspecs\common\msvc-desktop.conf Qt 5.6.0 splits all the version-specific changes into a separate file msvc-base.conf. If you copy the contents of this file and replace the line "include(msvc-base.conf)" in mscv-desktop.conf then Qt5Package recognises the Qt 5.6.0 Beta with no problems.

Is there a reason this has been split into two files?