[Interest] Qt5.6 not recognised by Visual Studio 2015

Kalinowski Maurice Maurice.Kalinowski at theqtcompany.com
Tue Jan 5 11:41:41 CET 2016

> The same problem existed before and after VS2015 Update 1. Also, the
> extention recognises Qt 5.5.1 with no problem so I was pretty sure it was a
> change in Qt 5.6.0 that caused this problem. I searched around and
> eventually found that in
> C:\Qt\Qt5.6.0\5.6\msvc2015\mkspecs\common\msvc-desktop.conf Qt 5.6.0
> splits all the version-specific changes into a separate file msvc-base.conf. If
> you copy the contents of this file and replace the line "include(msvc-
> base.conf)" in mscv-desktop.conf then Qt5Package recognises the Qt 5.6.0
> Beta with no problems.
>
> Is there a reason this has been split into two files?

[Kalinowski Maurice]

Yes, it happened for a reason ;)

The idea is to synchronize settings between classic and WinRT applications. The change is here: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/124917/

If Qt5Package is not able to follow includes, then that should be fixed as it is likely to break elsewhere at some other point.

Maurice