[Interest] Qt 5.5.1+ Android Activity Theme & OpenGL

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Tue Jan 5 23:54:53 CET 2016

> Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2016 at 1:33 PM
> From: "mark diener" <rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com>
> To: "Ben Lau" <xbenlau at gmail.com>
> Cc: "interest at qt-project.org" <interest at qt-project.org>, BogDan <bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [Interest] Qt 5.5.1+ Android Activity Theme & OpenGL
>
> Ben:
>
> Thanks for the link.
>
> I am finding that putting a white.png file for the
> android.app.splash_screen_drawable in manifest works best.  That
> allows for selection of the opengl initial surface.
>
> The theme allows for pre-opengl display to the user.
>
> This should be default behavior and adjustable in the Android Wizard,
> but that is for another day.

Since it is an Android drawable, you can just set it to a color. For example:
then, in my res/values directory a colors.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<resources>
    <color name="background">#fff</color>
    <color name="splashScreen">#fff</color>
</resources>

and a themes.xml:
<resources>
     <item name="android:windowNoTitle">false</item>
   <item name="android:windowFullscreen">true</item>
</resources>

Which is used back in the manifest:
<application android:hardwareAccelerated="true" android:name="org.qtproject.qt5.android.bindings.QtApplication" android:label="APPNAME" android:theme="@style/MyTheme" android:icon="@drawable/icon">