[Interest] User comments on web pages?

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Wed Jan 13 07:27:12 CET 2016

Op 13/01/2016 om 00:00 schreef Jason H:
>> For handling multi-languages: you don't. The Qt documentation is in
>> English, just as the API itself. Why would you support comments in other
>> languages? If people can read the documentation to begin with, they can
>> also read comments in English.
>
> Not exactly correct. See top of: https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_Coding_Style
That's a wiki page, and those can indeed be translated. Interested users
have been doing that since there were wiki pages. Support for that has
improved thankfully as the translations were making a mess of the
original wiki. AFAIK, there has not been a full translation of the core
API documentation.

But of course: one _could_ handle multiple languages. I just doubt it
would add value. In fact, I think it deminishes value. It is very useful
for me if a developer from, say, China, makes a relevant comment, even
if the English is not great. That could even be improved by another user
with a better command of the language. It is noise for me if that
comment were to be in one of the Chinese languages and it creates a
devide in the community once again.

André