[Interest] Video file generation from Qt application, other than FFmpeg

Phil Weinstein philw at indra.com
Fri Jan 22 21:14:14 CET 2016

Samuel, thanks for your response.

It looks like *FFmpeg* is really NOT an option for *commercial
applications* -- See for example: https://www.ffmpeg.org/legal.html (see
especially the "Note that FFmpeg ..." sentence and the last two
paragraphs on the page).

I see that *OpenCV* ... http://opencv.org/ ... states that it's "free
for both academic and commercial use", but there seem to be issues with
this, e.g. as raised on this thread: "OpenCV Free for Commercial use"
http://answers.opencv.org/question/73877/opencv-free-for-commercial-use/

We really need to be squeaky clean on licensing. So we may be willing to
pay a reasonable fee for the ability to *generate (create) video FILES*
given a sequence of QImages or QPixmaps. (Or at least with the
possibility of getting frame image DATA from either of those Qt classes
into the thing).

Can anyone point me to authoritative information delineating why /and
how/ these things CAN be used in commercial applications?

- Phil