[Interest] Minimal MSVC-built ICU DLLs available for download

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 18:49:43 CET 2016

> Elvis:
>
> If you are feeling generous, would you attach the MSVC 2013 project/files
> (SLN).
>
> People will want to build the ICU DLL's for MSVC 2015, but could use a jump
> start using your MSVC 2013 project.
>
> That way, soft devs can match the Customizer to the actual languages
> supported in their shipped apps.
>
> Cheers and Thanks,

Hi md,

I'm using the .sln provided by ICU itself in
source\allinone\allinone.sln, I'm simply upgrading it to a 2013
project using devenv to make it work with MSVC 2013 (see the
appveyor.yml in the repo I linked), since the solution is in 2010
format. So there's no custom solution involved at all.

Appveyor (which I'm using to build) has worker machines with MSVC 2015
as well, so I might be able to make 2015 builds as well. The workers
with 2015 are separate from the ones with 2010 / 2013 though, which is
a little awkward, so it might be a bit work to get the appveyor.yml to
work for 2010 + 2013 + 2015 builds. I'll look into it when I have some
spare time though.

In the meantime, you can always just fork my repo and adapt the
appveyor.yml to make 2015 builds only (see
https://www.appveyor.com/docs/installed-software#visual-studio-2015).

The way I'm using the Customizer (which actually has an XML POST API
which I use through curl) is described in README.md (under Notes to
Self), and in the appveyor.yml of course.

Elvis