[Interest] Minimal MSVC-built ICU DLLs available for download

rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 12:10:51 CET 2016

On 1/25/2016 10:04 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Monday 25 January 2016 20:01:15 rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com wrote:
>> Gunnar:
>>
>> Just because something is linked to ICU dlls does not mean that those
>> dlls are required.
>>
>> Dependency walker only shows linkage, not necessity.
> Indeed you're right: it does not indicate necessity. But you still need to
> ship them: the program will not load unless all linked DLLs are present.

Thiago:

Since elvis was laboring to build them from scratch to reduce package
size, it was helpful to know that
we can skip that entirely in a 5.6 Webkit free zone.

I found Gunnar to be making a point at best tangential to Elvis taking
the time to build ICU from source.

And both of us hope to get to a package where there are no linked ICU Dlls.

Bye Bye ICU.
We won't shed any tears.