[Interest] Minimal MSVC-built ICU DLLs available for download

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 07:32:22 CET 2016

>> Woah. So all this work for nothing, I can simply skip shipping the ICU
>> DLLs? I'm only using QtCore. Oh well, then I learned something :)
>
> Maybe you should use depends.exe from dependancywalker.com to have a look
> which dlls are really demanded from an exe or dll next time ;-)

Yes :) I think I did once upon a time actually, but perhaps there was
a dependency there back then and that's why I've kept shipping it. Or
maybe I misremember and I just blindly followed
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/windows-deployment.html, which just says "if you
enabled ICU, you need to ship ICU", and doesn't get into the nitty
gritty details of when this is actually required.

Elvis