[Interest] Minimal MSVC-built ICU DLLs available for download

Bob Babcock wssddc at wssddc.com
Tue Jan 26 08:50:19 CET 2016

Koehne Kai <Kai.Koehne at theqtcompany.com> wrote in
news:DB3PR02MB234CB67218A0CA98B8F9948E1C70 at DB3PR02MB234.eurprd02.prod.out
look.com:

> Finally, if you target Windows versions older than Windows 7, you'll
> loose numeric string collation.
>
> In summary, most people won't notice :)

I nominally still suport XP.  I had noticed that I no longer needed the icu
dlls, but I hadn't noticed this side effect (which tells you how much I
test under XP).  Is rebuilding Qt with icu support the only way to get this
back?  I used to have my own code for numeric collation, but Qt's is very
much faster.