[Interest] Getting QImages into QMediaRecoder to create video files (e.g. avi, mp4, or animated gif)?

Phil Weinstein philw at indra.com
Tue Jan 26 21:14:28 CET 2016

Unfortunately, Qt commercial license support folks are confirming that,
currently (as of Qt 5.6), there is no way to get a sequence of
programmatically generated QImages (e.g. renders from an application
QWidget) into the QMediaRecorder class.  ("There is no API for that").

Related -- they also could not offer any information about a Google WebM
/ VP8 solution.  That really looks like a promising approach, though the
integration is technically challenging.  As far as I can tell, that
really is the only virtually bullet-proof legal approach to generating
synthetic videos (i.e. animations generated programmatically, saved as
video files).  http://www.webmproject.org/about/

- Phil