[Interest] Getting QImages into QMediaRecoder to create video files (e.g. avi, mp4, or animated gif)?

Phil Weinstein philw at indra.com
Sun Jan 24 19:50:01 CET 2016

Relative to this topic, "*Video file generation from Qt application,*
other than FFmpeg" (on this "interest" e-mail list, in the wrong place,
and also thread:
https://forum.qt.io/topic/63105/video-file-generation-from-qt-application-other-than-ffmpeg)
there's been suggestions in related Qt forums, possibly referring to the
*Qt5 QMediaRecorder class,* that video file generation can be done in
"just" Qt.

In the Qt5 documentation, there is just a little information about using
*QCamera* in conjunction with QMediaRecorder to create video files
("record video to disk") ...

  * http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/videooverview.html#recording-video
  * http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/cameraoverview.html#movies

However,*I'm not seeing any way to get QImages or QPixmaps into either
of these classes (QCamera or QMediaRecorder), nor their base classes.*
So I don't see how these can be used to generate video files from
synthetic (program-created) images. (Ultimately, the frame images would
come from "rendering" our QWidgets to QPixmaps or QImages).

Also, there doesn't seem to be any information about whether anything
special has to be done with respect to *video codecs* for creating video
files (e.g. avi, mp4, or animated gif).  I'd like to give it a try, but
that's not doable (nor meaningful) if we can't get QImages and QPixmaps
into these Qt5 video-handling classes.
---