[Interest] About building opengl32sw.dll

Kimmo Karvinen kkarvinen at broadsoft.com
Wed Jan 27 08:50:55 CET 2016

Hi,

I've built the opengl32sw.dll with the instructions in the Qt Wiki
https://wiki.qt.io/Cross_compiling_Mesa_for_Windows
When running an application with the QT_OPENGL=software I always get a
dialog that says that it failed to create a OpenGL context.

I've also tried with the prebuilt opengl32sw.dll from
http://download.qt.io/development_releases/prebuilt/llvmpipe/windows/ and
with that there is no complaints but I've seen some crashes within the
opengl32sw.dll and there is also a bug report for similar situation with Qt
Creator: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-48222

I also built the opengl32sw.dll with instructions in the Mesa3D site and
that works in the computer it was built in but on other computers I get the
same error dialog.

I'd like to know how is the Qt prebuilt opengl32sw.dll built so that I
could build it myself also.

Thank you,
Kimmo

--

This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If