[Interest] Fonts are not loaded minimal chroot environment

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Sun Jul 10 21:48:35 CEST 2016

Hello,

I've built Qt 5.4 in a minimal chroot environment based on bare-bones Debian 8.5 image. Qt was configured with custom built fontconfig, freetype, and xcb platform plugin was enabled. However, when I run application with xvfb-run, it fails to render any fonts.

QFontDatabase::families() return only default list of families: ("Monospace", "Sans Serif", "Serif")

strace shows that correct ttf files are opened.

On host system with the same freetype and fontconfig versions, same fonts.conf and same set of fonts, fonts are properly displayed in QFontDatabase::families() and properly rendered.

Any ideas what may be wrong/missing in my configuraton?

--
Regards,
Konstantin