[Interest] Fw: Translations in QML

Gianluca gmaxera at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 08:47:43 CEST 2016

Hello,

QLinguist has an option to guess the translation of other string on the basis of current translated ones. That means, if you have 100 places where you wrote tr(“Hello”) and in QLinguist you translate only one of those, you can ask to QLinguist to translate all the others automatically.
But, it’s better that you avoid to write 100 times tr(“Hello”) if it has to be translated always to the same string.

So, my suggestion is that you use variables to have only one tr(“Hello”) in all your code:

property string hello: tr(“Hello”)

in that way there will be only one tr(“Hello”) to translate.

Ciao,
Gianluca.