[Interest] When does Qt load its plugins?

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 14:00:58 CEST 2016

> I'm working on packaging an application using QtWidgets as an AppImage
> and I'm looking at which of the Qt plugins I must bundle.
>
> I'll run an strace while using the application, but I thought I'd also

I realize now that stracing my application, it's still hard to make
out what I actually need. For instance, Qt opens the Gtk platformtheme
plugin:

    open("/tmp/.mount_jBV3dp/usr/lib/qt5/plugins/platformthemes/libqgtk2.so",
O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 9

But I know for sure that I don't need that one.

Is there anywhere where all of Qt's own plugins are listed with a
short description of their purpose/importance?

Elvis