[Interest] When does Qt load its plugins?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Jul 13 17:48:39 CEST 2016

Em quarta-feira, 13 de julho de 2016, às 12:34:25 PDT, Elvis Stansvik
escreveu:
> I'll run an strace while using the application, but I thought I'd also
> ask here: When in general does Qt load its plugins? For some plugins
> (such as the platform plugin), I expect it to be quite early. But what
> about imageformat plugins, is there a policy that they be loaded as
> late as possible?

They are loaded when the respective QPluginLoader or QFactoryLoader is
initialised.

You have to look at each and every one of those to see when they are
initialised. For example, the image format plugins are *all* loaded on
application start, way before any of them is ever needed. The bearer plugin,
on the other hand, is only loaded when needed.