[Interest] Towards a better mobile launch?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Tue Jul 19 16:16:25 CEST 2016

I am taking a stab here on why it takes to long to launch a mobile app on Android and iOS. I'm guessing the bulk of the time is to load the 13MB of Qt libraries. I'm wondering if there is anything I (or Qt) can do to get a launch screen up quicker, (reducing the time from launch to a screen- even if static). Maybe there is a way to get the launch screen up via native methods, then dynamically load Qt libraries, then start the app? I already use a Loader to get the main UI up ASAP, then load the rest of the app.

I'm also familiar with launch screens (xib, launch images) on iOS and the drawable hack in the android manifest. I am already using those when using those, I'm targeting the time spent to get those up.