[Interest] Creating Qt Quick controls from C++

Shawn Rutledge Shawn.Rutledge at qt.io
Tue Jul 19 17:08:44 CEST 2016

> On 19 Jul 2016, at 16:44, Uwe Rathmann <Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 15:45:44 +0200, Jean-Michaël Celerier wrote:
>
>> Is there some code somewhere ?
>
> Sure on my disk ;)
>
> Being serious: the code is supposed to be available under an Open Source
> License, but it needs to have an initial level of quality first. And
> there is still a long way to go.

Working on the Qt Project may have affected your instincts (we have inhibitions baked into the process because of long-term API support, we don’t have quite the right solution for hosting experimental git repos, and in the past we have been afraid to open-source too much), but in actual normal open source development I think “release early, release often” is still a good mantra.  If it’s just an experiment, it won't need a fixed API just yet, right?

Otherwise someone else who is interested in doing similar things is going to either waste time redoing your work, or else feel that it’s better to wait - which may also be a waste of time and especially energy.