[Interest] Moving UI when Android OSK comes up?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Mon Jul 25 19:37:59 CEST 2016

> Sent: Monday, July 25, 2016 at 11:08 AM
> From: "Jason H" <jhihn at gmx.com>
> To: "Qt Interest" <interest at qt-project.org>
> Subject: [Interest] Moving UI when Android OSK comes up?
>
> I'm t ryng to add a chat feature with an app. When the keyboard comes up, it obscures the UI, so I always kept the edits above the keyboard area. But now, I'd like to provide a "facebook-style" chat UI, where the text entry is docked to the top of the keyboard, with the previous chat history above that, and not obscuring any previous messages. How could I do that in QML?
>
> +------------------------------+
> | previous chat                |
> | history                      |
> | goes                         |
> | here...                      |
> +------------------------------+
> | [ text entry here   ] [send] |
> | [ OSK line 0 ]               | (usually 1-0, if present ) ]
> | [ OSK line 1 ]               | (A-L]
> | [ OSK line 2 ]               | (Z-M)]

To provide a little more specificity,

I've got my App built like:
[Header: id:header]
[Listview - anchored to top:header.bottom and bottom:inputBar.top ]
[InputBar: id:inputBar ]

I thought maybe verticalLayoutDirection: ListView.BottomToTop would do it, but it re-orders them to be reverse. is there anything like "bottom gravity" while keep the layout from top to bottom?