[Interest] Still fighting with Text.fontSizeMode

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Mon Jul 25 23:11:12 CEST 2016

One of my regular frustrations is with Text.fontSizeMode. I'm glad it exists, I just wish it were more complete. Let me explain:

I have a dynamic list of elements:
"The Electric Factory"
"Willy's Chocolate Factory"
I want to display them in a list with a uniform font size.
If I use fontSizeMode: Text.VerticalFit, they run the chance of being bigger than the allotted space.
If I use fontSizeMode: Text.HorizontalFit, (or .Fit) they run the chance of being different sizes.

I need someway to specify a font.pixelSize that will be the same for all elements and yet

There's this bug: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-51133 But it's been sitting in not evaluated for 6 months.

What's the proper way to do that?