[Interest] Syncing tree views.

Christoph Feck cfeck at kde.org
Fri Jul 29 17:23:17 CEST 2016

On Friday 29 July 2016 17:14:08 william.crocker at analog.com wrote:
> On 07/29/2016 11:07 AM, Christoph Feck wrote:

> >> The commentary at the top of the associated files,
> >> as linked above, says GPL.
> >>
> >>       This library is free software; you can redistribute it
> >>       and/or
> >>
> >> modify it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public
> >> License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
> >> version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
> >
> > Which part of "Library General Public License" is not LGPL?
>
> IIRC: The first 'L' in LGPL stands for 'Lesser', not 'Library'.

For version 2 (which the above text refers to), it was called
"Library". You are free to use the later versions, whatever name they
now have.
See https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/lgpl-2.0.en.html

> >> I use the Qt modules, but little more.
> >
> > Remember that adding KItemModels, or other Tier 1 frameworks
> > listed on https://api.kde.org/frameworks/index.html is
> > equivalent to adding other Qt dependencies, e.g. QtSvg or
> > QtXmlPatterns, because those only require qtbase.
>
> Yes. I use all of those Qt module and have no problem with that.

Exactly. If you have a problem with KItemModels, or other Tier 1
frameworks marked "functional", then we would love to know.
The initial letter "K" cannot be the issue :)