[Interest] Syncing tree views.

william.crocker at analog.com william.crocker at analog.com
Fri Jul 29 17:51:21 CEST 2016

>> IIRC: The first 'L' in LGPL stands for 'Lesser', not 'Library'.
>
> For version 2 (which the above text refers to), it was called
> "Library". You are free to use the later versions, whatever name they now have.
> See https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/lgpl-2.0.en.html

Very good.

>>> Remember that adding KItemModels, or other Tier 1 frameworks
>>> listed on https://api.kde.org/frameworks/index.html is
>>> equivalent to adding other Qt dependencies, e.g. QtSvg or
>>> QtXmlPatterns, because those only require qtbase.
>>
>> Yes. I use all of those Qt module and have no problem with that.
>
> Exactly. If you have a problem with KItemModels, or other Tier 1
> frameworks marked "functional", then we would love to know.
> The initial letter "K" cannot be the issue :)

I am sure the code is fabulous.
But if I use it, the probability of an issue increases.
There will come an OS, a compiler, an IDE, a lint tool
a coverage tool, a profiling tool... something that takes
issue with it. And there is the probability that I
won't be able to work around it.

I am sure the code is *absolutely* fabulous.
But each new dependency increases the
probability of a show stopper.

Bill
The Great Paranoid developer.