[Interest] QGeoPositionInfoSource on Windows 10

Maurice Kalinowski Maurice.Kalinowski at qt.io
Thu Jun 2 08:56:29 CEST 2016

Hi,

I assume that you are referring to classic apps when you talk about Windows 10?

WinRT covers Windows Store Apps, meaning in case you have a universal app, then Qt Positioning is supported, given that the Broadcom chip works properly. But that is a driver thing.

In case you want to develop a classic / desktop app, you could try https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/159330/ This enables the WinRT Geolocation API for desktop builds in 5.7. However, this has implications on the versions of Windows you can run this application on and potentially have additional requirements.

For full "classic" desktop applications there was no unifying API and makers have always provided separate SDKs for those chips. Hence GeoLocation is a huge step into the right direction.

BR,
Maurice