[Interest] [qt3d] Loading textures from a custom file format

Xavier Bigand flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 16:21:19 CEST 2016

I am trying to understand how I have to use QAbstractTexture and
QAbstractTextureImage to load textures from our custom format.

Our format is pretty simple and consist in a compressed file that contains
an header with all necessary informations :
 - texture size
 - precise texture format (PVRTCI_4bpp_RGBA, ETC1,...)
 - number of mipmaps

And it's naturally followed by the pixels buffer.

If I understand correctly how it works the best way to manage it is to
create a Texture class that will load the file and instantiate TextureImage
corresponding to the number of mipmaps level I have.

Am I right?

--
Xavier