[Interest] [qt3d] Loading textures from a custom file format

Xavier Bigand flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 02:15:56 CEST 2016

I finally make it works, but I am not sure to do everything correctly.

Firslty I change the way to attach the Texture to the QDiffuseMapMaterial :

QDiffuseMapMaterial*    material = new QDiffuseMapMaterial();
Texture*                diffuseTexture = new Texture();
          // Instancing our custom Texture class to be able to load our
file format instead of retrieving the QAbstractTexture of material

diffuseTexture->setSource(texturePath);
         // Calling our custom file loader

material->setDiffuse(diffuseTexture);

The setSource method load and fill a Qt3DRender::QTextureImageDataPtr that
is directly given at the added TextureImage.

I don't know if it's the right thing to do everything in my implementation
of QAbstractTexture.

I am also curious on how set the anisotropy level.

--
Xavier