[Interest] Packaging a Qt App for Linux/MacOSX/Windows

Ch'Gans chgans at gna.org
Sat Jun 18 07:17:09 CEST 2016

On 18 June 2016 at 00:19, Ch'Gans <chgans at gna.org> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've recently added a (very basic) offline installer to my project
> using the Qt installer framework and i'm looking for a multi platform
> solution to detect my app dependencies and to ship (some of) them into
> my installer.
> Ideally I would like to automate this...
>
> The following pages gives lot of hints and advices:
> http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/osx-deployment.html
> http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/linux-deployment.html
> http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/windows-deployment.html

These 3 links +
http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/qbs/2015-July/001321.html gives
enough information to digest. Basically, you have to do everything
manually, but at least it's doable and not that difficult (I now have
my installer working correctly for Linux, next step is Windows).

Another source of information I found useful is the qbs scripts within
QtCreator itself. These, plus checking how QtCreator is installed on
the target OS help understand what has to be done and how it can be
done.

Also, worth mentioning, Qbs JIRA Epic "Support for creating
redistributable installer packages":
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QBS-16

Chris