[Interest] Assert in QCamera on winrt tablet

Rogerio Nicolau r.nicolau at learningclip.co.uk
Mon Jun 20 16:30:18 CEST 2016

Hello all

I am getting the following assert when I call QCamera::start()

ASSERT failure in bool __thiscall QWinRTCameraControl::setFocus(class
QFlags<enum QCameraFocus::FocusMode>): "The application called an
interface that was marshalled for a different thread.", file
qwinrtcameracontrol.cpp, line 1163

This is happening on winrt when using the BackFace camera (on a Dell
Venue 8 pro tablet), even though when using the FrontFace camera it
starts fine. Also works fine on Android and iOS.

Does anyone have an idea on what might be happening? Is this something I
am not doing or could this be an issue with Qt or Windows 10? I also
wondered if it might be specific to the device, it's the only windows 10
tablet I have available at the moment.

Thanks
Rogério